Jah Cure heads to hills - Relaxes after controversy at show

Reggae artiste Jah Cure has retreated to the hills of Hanover to clear his mind after a recent controversy concerning a show in St Vincent.

According to Jah Cure, who did not speak too much about the show, he is now setting his spirit free.

"I was born in the mountains so up here my spirit roams free and at the same time it's adventurous, far away from all the negativity just tranquillity and peace," he said.

Jah Cure revealed that he inherited a substantial amount of property from his deceased grandfather, and that he wants to take the time to cultivate and develop the property.

"I want to make the hills available for meditation purposes open to the general public, sometimes the city is hectic so I just want to get away and get a new meditation. I just bought two power saws and a cut down some giant trees to clean up the land and build an estate here...at the same time create some employment," he said.

According to Jah Cure he is not going to waste his money on vanity, he is more concerned about fulfilling the dreams of his grandfather by developing the land. He also revealed that he was actively taking part in the comforting cultivation process.

"Everybody needs to try this sometime, find some hill and go there and free your mind, try and get as much as you can out of life by making use of the natural things that nature has to offer. Right now mi deh at the river a ketch a few fish ago roast dem after this," he said.

The artiste says that after his retreat, he will be re-energised and ready to execute his regular duties again.

"I don't forget where I am coming from, and when I come up into the hills I am reminded of where I was born and where I want to go, so it gives me a stronger drive to push forward," Jah Cure said.

According to Jah Cure's publicist Claude Mills, the artiste wanted to clear his thoughts after a controversy concerning his non-appearance at a concert in St Vincent.

Cure did not perform at the event because the promoter did not meet his contractual obligations. The promoter is said to have given Cure US$15,000 as a deposit, but was unable to make the final payment because 2,000 bogus tickets were collected at the gate to Victoria Park where the event was staged.

STAR Writer, Curtis Campbell